Last night was the night of Fireworks at Highgate Primary. I got to freeze my fingers by painting some mini faces. I never realised how petit some of the girls' faces are. I am used to my boys' head sizes and they are pretty big. ))
Teaching brother how to high five. Kolya has about six name tags on his belly. He seems to think they are all his name.
Mornings have been disastrously hard for us since school started. We are constantly on the verge of being late and the pressure makes me into a green skinned monster with three nostrils and red blazing eyes. Horrible stuff, these school runs. So, on Friday we tried to do it differently. The boys watched a bit of Винни пух (winnie the pooh) oh so cutely together, and I took my doze of the chill pill and got on with getting us to school on time. It was blissful.
We've been getting used to what it means to go to school. Its not entirely how we imagined, and absolutely not how I imagined it to be. Lucy is Kolya's teacher for Reception Class (RLC). There's Lucy and Charlotte who helps. Lucy lived in Moscow for three years and speaks russian and likes vodka. Lucy is cool, but not sure how transparent. School in general was a bit of a shock. The atmosphere of chaos which did not live up to my concept of learning and cooperating together. I think it may be getting better now, but still I'm on a lookout for other options.



