Its amazing this slow establishment of character which happens in kids. Over the past couple of months Kolya has become even more particular about what he wants to wear and what he definitely doesn't want to wear. Where once I was easily able to convince him it was all about comfort- he now fiercely rejects any form of comfort wear whether we are talking slippers or tracksuits. (He does make an occasional exception for shorts on those hot days.)
Each evening, before he goes to bed he tells me what he will wear in the morning, and the first thing he utters as he climbs in for the morning hug is a reminder of his wardrobe pick of the day. Everything is censored down from types of socks (the spiderman or the firemens' trucks today?) to the colour of his underwear. (Its definitely yellow today)
These days we prioritize sunglasses, trainers, jeans and super hero printed tshirts.
These days we prioritize sunglasses, trainers, jeans and super hero printed tshirts.
"Oh we have to wash the spiderman tshirt mummy now? its no problem, I can wear the green lantern tee tomorrow to nursery."
Sure son. :)
Sure son. :)
(as a sidenote: yesterday he asked me if I could buy him some red jeans. now that! is special. Polarn O. Pyret, here we come)
The other peculiar thing about Kolya is that he knows exactly who gave him each item of both clothing and toys that he owns. (If he forgets, he asks) So, apart from requesting a pair of jeans, the task becomes more delicate when the request is for jeans that Yulya bought. Erm. What about these Kolya? They look nice?- No! I want the Yulya jeans!
What can you do? Just wonder what will happen in a couple of years. I'm quite curious to be honest.
The other peculiar thing about Kolya is that he knows exactly who gave him each item of both clothing and toys that he owns. (If he forgets, he asks) So, apart from requesting a pair of jeans, the task becomes more delicate when the request is for jeans that Yulya bought. Erm. What about these Kolya? They look nice?- No! I want the Yulya jeans!
What can you do? Just wonder what will happen in a couple of years. I'm quite curious to be honest.