As the light hours wither away, and the temperature drops a tad, the cold germs come rushing in, wooping and jumping about each and every child there is in London town.
This is the time when I realize how much we rely on pharmaceuticals in the west, how little I know about herbal medicine, and how desperate I am to find someone who would give me an alternative to calpol and antibiotics.
The English flu, with its ever so long roots and neverending snot trails and coughing marathons, nodding gps, who never give you any reasonable solution other than calpol. There just must be some other way.
Today Kolya has been diagnosed with a chest infection. A course of antibiotics prescribed. I argued, but later realized he was getting worse so we started the course. I am very sad, as I am so against such a forceful intrusion on the body, but what alternative is there? Is there a way to somehow improve his immune system? Or at least ease his pain?
Deep thoughts. My mum told me this is the hardest thing about raising little kids. You cant escape the colds.