11 Oct 2013
Baking our way through troubles.
Last night I wrote a big post on my fb wall as I had found out my 5 year old son has been mocked for bringing in home made lunches to school. I felt so angry at the kids, their parents, the school and the society in general in failing this young generation by not celebrating food in all its glory, including puy lentils (!) I got an enormous response, which I didn't expect, and I am grateful for such encouragement and also to learn that bullying is a world wide problem. From South Africa and Australia to the USA. If we voice our children's concerns perhaps we can make a difference. We baked cookies last night, we ate them this morning and it felt good! Boo to bullies and ignorance. Way to go @jamieoliver for your efforts on bringing in a fresh attitude towards simple cooked meals at home. And hello jiujiysu to build confidence.
