It has been an awfully long time since I last wrote. Truth is that I have been writing these posts in my head every time a silly, happy, sad something happened. But I haven't managed to keep up and I absolutely must.
The interesting thing about having a small baby again is the management of time. Alyosha is teething (3 teeth already, one more to go. poor little seal), so we are home most nights, let's be honest- every night. And instead of whining about it, we have decided to use this time to our advantage and whenever I am not working till silly hours of the morning, we watch films! Thank you lovefilm.com and iplayer. What we would have done without your kind service of instant pleasures of choosing a great film and watching it. Today, it was again the beautiful Audrey Hepburn in Charades. The colours and Givenchy clothes are a joy to the eye. She is quite wonderful. Roman Holidays is also a must. Absolutely faultless performance. I am also madly falling in love for Woody.
So much has happened.
Kolya has learned to draw people. His own way. He draws the circle which represents a face. Two smaller circles- the eyes, sometimes a line for a mouth and lots of other lines coming out of the face- I think those are the legs and the hands with the fingers. I am in love with them. They look like cell close ups. He has started to draw a little on the walls too and again, I cant help adore these small naughty outbursts of art.
He has become terribly acute to all that is happening around him. Doesn't miss a thing. A tenderness has been growing between him and Alyosha, who now adores him. Lots of laughs for Kolya every day. We go to the woods almost every day and it has been quite wonderful to see the spring awaken the trees. Small droplets of colour growing into a cloud of emerald brights. Its heart stopping at times to escape the city and listen to the birds. Kolya likes to play hide and seek. Alyosha also loves to play hide and seek in the woods, he gladly takes part and when we hide makes little piglet noises from excitement which instantly gives our hiding place away. Laughs all round.
Alyosha is growing too fast. He is eating everything, and drinking lots of milk still and thus growing like alice in wonderland in a mere of a moment. 9.06 kg. A little elephant. He is sitting up right and loves it when someone sings or dances for him. He is incredibly kind in nature. I say thank you every day- thank you for allowing me to leave him for short periods of time of 5-7 minutes to play on his own whilst I rush to do something (well, sometimes you really just need the 7 spare minutes), or thank you for falling asleep by himself, thank you for sleeping through the night till morning after, thank you for smiling at me and his papa and Kolya and at every stranger who is kind enough to smile back. Thank you for allowing his brother to know what its like to have a brother. Thank you for the sweet songs he sings throughout the day, the little noises he makes whilst he drinks his milk, his happiness when he sees a familiar face. I am a lucky girl. A house full of boys is a happy house indeed. Of course there are quarrels and tears and times when mum would wish for a fairy to descend and make time stop so she can take a minute for herself, but hey- I have a minute now and I am writing this, so it's not all that bad. I only wish for my family to be closer to share it with. This, I wish.

The interesting thing about having a small baby again is the management of time. Alyosha is teething (3 teeth already, one more to go. poor little seal), so we are home most nights, let's be honest- every night. And instead of whining about it, we have decided to use this time to our advantage and whenever I am not working till silly hours of the morning, we watch films! Thank you lovefilm.com and iplayer. What we would have done without your kind service of instant pleasures of choosing a great film and watching it. Today, it was again the beautiful Audrey Hepburn in Charades. The colours and Givenchy clothes are a joy to the eye. She is quite wonderful. Roman Holidays is also a must. Absolutely faultless performance. I am also madly falling in love for Woody.
So much has happened.
Kolya has learned to draw people. His own way. He draws the circle which represents a face. Two smaller circles- the eyes, sometimes a line for a mouth and lots of other lines coming out of the face- I think those are the legs and the hands with the fingers. I am in love with them. They look like cell close ups. He has started to draw a little on the walls too and again, I cant help adore these small naughty outbursts of art.
He has become terribly acute to all that is happening around him. Doesn't miss a thing. A tenderness has been growing between him and Alyosha, who now adores him. Lots of laughs for Kolya every day. We go to the woods almost every day and it has been quite wonderful to see the spring awaken the trees. Small droplets of colour growing into a cloud of emerald brights. Its heart stopping at times to escape the city and listen to the birds. Kolya likes to play hide and seek. Alyosha also loves to play hide and seek in the woods, he gladly takes part and when we hide makes little piglet noises from excitement which instantly gives our hiding place away. Laughs all round.
Alyosha is growing too fast. He is eating everything, and drinking lots of milk still and thus growing like alice in wonderland in a mere of a moment. 9.06 kg. A little elephant. He is sitting up right and loves it when someone sings or dances for him. He is incredibly kind in nature. I say thank you every day- thank you for allowing me to leave him for short periods of time of 5-7 minutes to play on his own whilst I rush to do something (well, sometimes you really just need the 7 spare minutes), or thank you for falling asleep by himself, thank you for sleeping through the night till morning after, thank you for smiling at me and his papa and Kolya and at every stranger who is kind enough to smile back. Thank you for allowing his brother to know what its like to have a brother. Thank you for the sweet songs he sings throughout the day, the little noises he makes whilst he drinks his milk, his happiness when he sees a familiar face. I am a lucky girl. A house full of boys is a happy house indeed. Of course there are quarrels and tears and times when mum would wish for a fairy to descend and make time stop so she can take a minute for herself, but hey- I have a minute now and I am writing this, so it's not all that bad. I only wish for my family to be closer to share it with. This, I wish.

