6 Jul 2011

SASHA B

I am reaching the final stretch! Oh yes! so naturally my mind is already skipping 'birth' and 'apres birth' difficulties and seeking ways to make my body slim and effortless one again. After a whopping 15kg gain (and I am pretty sure some more is yet to come) I am so ready to stop feeling like a huge big elephant on bouncy knees.
This is probably one of those natural inclinations once you've had almost 3/4 of a year feeling like your body simply doesn't belong to you.
So I catch myself looking at runners, so fit and determined. They run through the woods that Kolya and me take our daily (almost) strolls. I love the woods and I love the idea of the runners running. Only I know too well that I am most useless at the task. BUT! Help has arisen in the form of a dear friend who has taken it upon herself to train her body in time to run the Women's Marathon in San Francisco this Autumn. With her usual stubborn determination she has started a blog about her training with lots of tips and lots of questions and findings on her way. It is exciting to follow her journey as she is honest and translucent about the difficulties she is encountering and the small but firm victories she is accomplishing. I am inspired and will definitely follow modestly in her steps once baby boy number two comes to meet the world.
Thank you sweet Sasha.
And here is her blog: Ready, Steady, Go!