21 Oct 2009
The permanent state of: mess.
One thing which I find completely unbearable and yet, ironically, every day surprising, is the reoccurring piles of stuff, which seem to appear out of thin air as soon as the day starts. It is some automatic change which filters its ways into your life no matter how clean/organized and tidy you may qualify yourself to be. (I am certainly not one to qualify for any of the above, but what I do have is a need to clean any time I feel nervous) I can't seem to think straight in a mine field of toys, food, headphones, phones, books, and wet patches where pee-pee was made without any prior oral notice. My head goes haywire and I start to feel like I am closing into some mad whirlwind of problems, so instantly the inner voice orders me to start cleaning, tidying, drying, hanging, arranging, but! there is a catch. The mess monster, aka K Junior is faster and more determined than mummy. He is at work at all times, from the moment go! It is a strange yet unavoidable reality it seems. One which I have to learn to live with, or maybe there are tips/ideas/tidy tots training programs you know of? I'm all ears.